Senior Book-Keeper – East End Cellars
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Book-Keeper to join our Administration team at East End Cellars. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in managing the financial aspects of our organisation, ensuring accuracy and compliance in all financial transactions. If you have a solid 5 years of experience with Xero and Deputy, along with a proven track record in a similar role, preferably in hospitality, we invite you to apply.
- Daily Takings Reconciliation: Verify and reconcile daily takings to ensure accuracy in financial records.
- Creditors and Debtors Entry and Reconciliation: Manage entries related to creditors and debtors, reconciling accounts regularly.
- Bank Reconciliations: Perform regular bank reconciliations to maintain accurate financial records.
- Credit Card Reconciliation and Management: Oversee credit card transactions, ensuring proper reconciliation and management.
- Process Payroll Across Multiple Venues: Efficiently process payroll for employees across various venues.
- Calculate and Report BAS/IAS: Ensure accurate calculation and timely reporting of Business Activity Statements (BAS) and Income Activity Statements (IAS).
- Liaise with Suppliers: Establish and maintain effective communication with suppliers for financial transactions.
- Provide Support for Management and Staff: Assist management and staff with financial queries and support.
- End of Month Journal Processing: Handle end-of-month journal processing to close financial periods accurately.
- Maintain Financial Records: Ensure the integrity and organisation of financial records for easy retrieval and auditing.
- Office Administration: Undertake general office administration tasks related to financial functions.
- Minimum 5 Years Experience with Xero, Deputy: Demonstrate a strong proficiency and extensive experience with Xero and Deputy.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite: Possess advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Exceptional Attention to Detail: Display meticulous attention to detail in financial record-keeping and reporting.
- Ability to Work in a Fast-Paced Environment: Thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Initiative and Leadership: Exhibit a proactive approach to problem-solving and decision-making. Show leadership qualities by taking initiative and guiding the team when necessary.
Ability to Work in a Collaborative Team Environment: Demonstrate a strong aptitude for teamwork and collaboration, fostering a positive and cooperative work environment.
- High Level of Computer Literacy: Showcase advanced computer skills relevant to the role.
- Ability to Multi-Task and Adapt to Changing Needs: Effectively manage multiple tasks and adapt to evolving priorities.
- Excellent Time Management and Organisational Skills: Demonstrate strong time management and organisational abilities.
- Reliable and Trustworthy: Be dependable, reliable, and trustworthy in handling sensitive financial information.
- Ability to Communicate at All Levels: Possess excellent communication skills to interact with various stakeholders.
- Strong Work Ethic: Uphold a strong work ethic and commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Proven Experience in a Similar Role: Provide evidence of successful experience in a similar senior book-keeping role.
If you are ready to join our great team and meet these qualifications and ready to contribute to our financial success, we encourage you to apply for this challenging and rewarding position. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Julianne Kuhlmann firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your relevant experience. We are already receiving applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible or by COB 25th January 2024.