The Bürklin-Wolf estate is based in the Mittelhaardt, the quality core of
Germany’s world-renowned Pfalz, around the towns of Wachenheim, Forst,
Deidesheim and Ruppertsberg. Here with 85ha under vine they have the largest
family owned wine estate in all of Germany originating in 1597, with a
treasure-trove of superb vineyards, at the centre of which lies the great
Kirchenstück. Here in the tiny village of Forst, Kirchenstück and its neighbours
Jesuitengarten, Ungeheuer and Pechstein, have for centuries been recognised as
producing not only some of the world’s greatest dry Rieslings, but simply some
of the world’s greatest wines. In the nineteenth century, prices for these wines
exceeded the prices paid for 1st Growth Bordeaux and Grand Cru Burgundy.
Located in the village of Ruppertsberg, Burklin-Wolf own a remarkable 7.55
hectares of this superb site which was replanted in 1977.